Happy Friday everyone! This week’s blog will be the last look of the Scholarship Fund including all the who, what, when and why’s. The application deadline in Wednesday, May 1st so make sure to share this $20,000 scholarship opportunity with any eligible seniors that you know or if you are a deserving senior, make sure to apply!
The Scholarship Fund has been one of the Foundation’s programs since 2002. Since being founded, the Scholarship Fund has awarded over one million dollars to dozens of local seniors. Each year, we award multiple $20,000 college scholarships to graduating high school seniors in the Tri-State area. Currently, we have 24 recipients in our Scholarship Program and we are excited to continue growing the program.
Anthony and his family developed the Scholarship Fund to help graduating seniors attend a local college or university to achieve their dream of gaining a higher education. Recipients of the Scholarship Fund do not only receive $20,000 towards their college education, they also become a part of the AMF family and are provided with resources and connections to help them navigate through college and future job searches.
To be eligible for the Scholarship Fund students meet these eligibility requirements:
- A minimum high school GPA of 3.0 or a minimum composite ACT score of 18
- A 2019 graduating high school senior within our Area of Impact
- A freshman standing at an Eligible Tri-State University for Fall 2019
- A financial need, a desire to overcome adversity, an above average academic standing or a leadership role in the community
The Scholarship Fund application includes:
- A completed application
- An official high school transcript
- An acceptance letter from a local college or university
- A college ID #
- A SAR Report (this can be found through FAFSA)
To submit your Scholarship Fund application, applicants can choose one of these methods:
- Mail your application to – Anthony Muñoz Foundation, 8919 Rossash Road Cincinnati, Ohio 45236, Attn: Victoria Knepp
- Scan and email your application to – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax your application to – (513) 772-4911
The Scholarship Fund looks to reward hard working, optimistic individuals that have faced financial need, overcame adversity, achieved academic excellence and have made a positive impact. These students have not only overcome obstacles but have excelled despite them.
Currently, we have several Scholarship Fund recipients that have continued to amaze us. With 5 days left to submit your application, we found it fitting to highlight the 5 recipients from 2018!
- Michaela Townsend, DePaul Cristo Rey, Xavier University
- Caralyne Wallace, Newport High School, Thomas More College
- Alan Ndikintum, Purcell Marian HS, Univeristy of Cincinnati
- Natera Bean, School for Creative + Performing Arts, University of Cincinnati
- Camryn Morrow, School for Creative + Performing Arts, University of Cincinnati
The Scholarship Fund deadline is 5 DAYS away! Make sure to get your applications in by Wednesday, May 1st so that you can be recognized for all of your hard work and accomplishments.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact email@example.com!
More about Scholarship Fund: http://www.munozfoundation.org/default.asp?contentid=15
Scholarship Fund Application: http://www.munozfoundation.org/downloads/2019%20AMF%20Scholarship%20Fund%20Application.pdf